The Directorate of Projects Verification and Final Accounts Audit (DPVFA) is responsible mainly for the audit of Overhead and Capital expenditure vouchers and related records; verification of capital projects and examination of the Annual Financial Statements of the State.
The Directorate has two sections, which are-
- Inspection and Verification Section and
- Final Accounts Audit Section.
The directorate is headed by a Director and assisted by two (2) Deputy Directors who are the heads of the sections.
The functions/schedules of the directorate are the following:-
Inspection and Verification Section
- Examination of payment vouchers and related records and or documents in respect of both capital and overhead cost (other charges) expenditure,
- Verification of capital projects executed by government through Ministries, Departments and Agencies,
Final Accounts Audit Section
- Examination of Annual Financial Statements of the State presented by the Accountant General,
- Continuous examination of the State Central Account,
- Continuous examination of the State Main Salary Account,
- Drafting of Annual Report of the Auditor General.