The Directorate is headed by a Director and assisted by a Deputy Director.
The major functions of the directorate shall include the followings:-
- Providing guideline and level playground for audit of Boards and Parastatals,
- Registration and annual renewal of firms of chartered accountants qualified as external auditors to be appointed by Boards and Parastatals,
- Maintain a register of all registered Accounting Firms
- Review of the Audited Reports of the Boards and Parastatals submitted to the Office
- Conduct periodic checks of accounts and books of Boards and Parastatals as provided in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (As Amended).
- Make comments in the Annual Report of the Auditor General on the Audited Accounts submitted by the External Auditors of Boards and Parastatals.