The Directorate of Government Accounts Audit is responsible mainly for the audit of Salaries and related matters, personal advances and Inspection of Stores and Office Inventories.
The directorate is headed by a Director and assisted by a Deputy Director
The functions/schedules of the directorate include the following:-
- Examination of Salaries Payment Vouchers and related records in respect of Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
- Examination of Annual Leave Transport Grants payment vouchers and related records
- Examination of Personal Advances (i.e. Car, Motorcycle, Housing etc Loans)
- Examination of records for Payment of Gratuities and Pensions in bulk for deceased officers.
- Inspection of stores and store records,
- Checking of inventories of office equipment and furniture and other capital assets.